Thursday, September 6, 2007

Svarogovo Kolo festival

Ukrainian pagan metal band Kroda (КРОДА) made their first live appearance at the Svarogovo Kolo (СВАРОЖЕ КОЛО) festival in August 2007. A report about the concert is here (Russian text with pictures).

There's a short video of their show on Youtube here.

If my hasty and incomplete translation (via Google's translation tools) is correct, Kroda managed to play for about 15 minutes before technical difficulties ended their show. I would have loved to have seen it anyway.

Also interesting to me was that one-man band Chur (ЧУР) played as well. I would assume that he'd have hired additional musicians to help out, but apparently it was just Chur and his guitar (with a backing track, I'm sure), though Eisenslav (Kroda's vocalist) helped out with harsh vocals.

I'm not sure it's my type of crowd (black metal skinheads?), but it sounds like it was interesting.

No comments: