Sunday, October 30, 2011

Site Update

Okay, the elephant in the room here is that I stopped updating The Final Age blog throughout most of 2010, and have only sporadically updated it in 2011. In fact, other than the first few months of keeping the blog, my reviews have been pretty sporadic and I haven't kept things updated as often as I'd like. There are many reasons for this, including other projects, hobbies, etc., as well as personal matters, but I feel like I've turned a corner this year and will finally be able to start updating regularly and reliably.

My motivation for this blog has always been that I love this music and I want to do what I can to support the bands and labels that create and publish it, and I want to help spread the work of these bands by possibly helping others discover new music (as others have done for me over the years). I do not consider myself to be a very good "critic" or a good music writer at all, but I enjoy updating this site and getting feedback from fans or artists. I plan to be here for a very long time and to hopefully do it a lot better. I don't think there are any regular readers of my reviews, but if so, I appreciate your patience and hopefully I am getting back on track. I have a huge backlog of CD's to talk about, so the potential material is there; I just need to keep at it. Thank you and good night.

No comments: